HOW CANNABIS OIL CAN BE USED FOR DIABETES TREATMENT AND PREVENTION
Diabetes is a widespread disease inflicting millions of people worldwide. Chances are you know someone, either in your family or in your circle of friends, who has been battling diabetes or just recently diagnosed. Or, perhaps you are the one living with the disease. And of course, there is a lot of information about diabetes treatment and prevention to learn and share. But first, let’s take a closer look at the reality of the disease.
This unforgiving disease does not discriminate because of age, gender or race and can fall victim to it. The impact of Diabetes in the U.S. is alarming, especially with the number of new cases on the rise.
HERE ARE SOME TROUBLING STATISTICS ON DIABETES IN thE U.S. ALONE:
- Complications from diabetes can often lead to premature death. In 2008, 2 out of 10 adult deathsin the U.S. was tied to diabetes.
- Diabetics are 3 times more likelyto have cardiovascular disease, 12 times more so to get end-stage renal failure, and more than 20 times more likely to endure a limb amputation.
- People suffering from depression have nearly 60%more chance of developing diabetes.
- Approximately 15-25%of diabetics will experience a foot ulcer.
- In the U.S.,57% of diabetics report they have difficulty with the high-cost of prescribed treatments and supplies.
In addition, the following are common complications often stemming from diabetes:
- Cardiovascular disease
- Eye disease
- Kidney disease
- Nerve damage
- Lower extremity ulcers and amputation
- Complications during pregnancy
- Oral disease
- Mental illness
If you have been living with diabetes for a while now, you are most likely familiar with traditional diabetes treatments and prevention measures, such as insulin and diet change. Both are equally important to maintain. But, many people are learning how to use cannabis oil to help cope with the disease. Cannabis oil is also referred to as CBD.
HOW IS CBD GOOD FOR TREATING DIABETES?
CBD is developing a great reputation for helping with many diseases and disorders. But for diabetes, the multiple ways it can help is impressive. Such as the following favorable results stemming from possible treatments for diabetes in the form of cannabis:
- Works to stabilize a person’s blood sugars naturally
- Reduces pain often associated with diabetes caused by nerve inflammation, called neuropathy, by activating the receptors found in the brain and body
- Acts as an anti-inflammatory to help reduce some of the known arterial inflammation that is found in many diabetics
- Aids in improving circulation by keeping blood vessels open
- Helps to relieve muscle cramping and gastrointestinal disorders by acting as an anti-spasmodic agent
- Helps to gradually reduce blood pressure, which is very important for diabetic patients
- Using cannabis oil or butter in foods, rather than traditional fats, could be beneficial to the heart and arteries
- Used in a vaporizer, cannabis oil can help calm restless leg syndrome, a common ailment of diabetic patients
EvoCann’s Skin Care Products to help diminish neuropathic pain, as well as common tingling in the feet and hands, is also another way to use cannabis oil.
As with all available treatments, there is conflicting evidence on the role cannabis oil takes for prevention of Type II Diabetes. However, research does show it to be beneficial as an effective and alternative treatment for those who have already been diagnosed with either Type I or Type II Diabetes.
IN 2013, THE AMERICAN JOURNAL OF MEDICINE CONCLUDED THE FOLLOWING:
- Cannabis compounds could help to control a patient’s blood sugar
- Users of cannabis are less likely to become obese
Both benefits above are important in a diabetic patient, either a current or a future one.