CBD has gained momentum as a viable choice for a number ailments, conditions and diseases. There is no bigger disease in the US than Heart Disease. For more than a decade it has claimed more than 600,000 people. That’s 1 in every 4 deaths every year. (1) There are many conditions that can be tied to heart disease, such as high cholesterol & blood pressure
Heart Disease Stats in the United States
- Heart disease is the leading cause of death for both men and women.
- Every year about 735,000 Americans have a heart attack. 525,000 are a first heart attack and 210,000 have already had a heart attack at some point in the past
- Cardiovascular disease (CVD), has accounted for 840,678 deaths in the US in 2016, approximately 1 of every 3 deaths.
- Cardiovascular diseases claim more lives each year than all forms of cancer and Chronic Lower Respiratory Disease combined.
- 5 million American adults had some form of cardiovascular disease.
CBD research, although limited, has produced evidence of benefits for heart and circulatory system. One of those benefits may be an ability to lower high blood pressure. Research shows that the stress- and anxiety-reducing properties of CBD are responsible for its ability to help lower blood pressure.Furthermore CBD can help treat inflammation and cellular death with it’s anti-inflammatory, antioxidant and stress-relieving properties.
According to Healthline.com this evidence is not anecdotal but rooting in science.
“One recent study treated nine healthy men with one dose of 600 mg of CBD oil and found it reduced resting blood pressure, compared to a placebo.
The same study also gave the men stress tests that normally increase blood pressure. Interestingly, the single dose of CBD led the men to experience a smaller blood pressure increase than normal in response to these tests” (2)
Although these may not be a cure, CBD certainly provides users with an opportunity to relieve the symptoms related to heart disease.